Rather than setting lofty, unachievable resolutions for the new year, focus on the smaller, more manageable changes you can make to become your healthiest and happiest self yet. In this article, we will go over 10 proven methods to increase your feel-good hormones and maintain your health. While some people may only think about their diet and exercise routine, there are actually a lot of other things you can do to better your health.
After all, you can follow a strict diet and work out regularly, but if you neglect other aspects of your health, you will never be truly healthy. If you want to improve your health and happiness this year, here are 10 easy steps you can take right now (that have nothing to do with cutting back on sugar or working out more).
- Replace “I’m sorry” with “thank you”
- Put together your bed each morning.
- To boost your motivation, unfollow or silence anyone who doesn’t inspire you.
- You can do any of these exercises even if you don’t feel like working out.
- Eliminate clutter by organising your closet.
- Make a yearly appointment with your doctor.
- Get yourself a calming meditation app, like Headspace or Calm.
- When you feel your stress levels rising, take a seat in child’s pose.
- The self-love gesture of buying flowers for oneself
- Instead of texting, pick up the phone and call a pal or coworker.